Tuesday, November 05, 2013

YIC: D 30 of 30 Pray Without Ceasing

If you have a cell phone, then you have probably had a dropped call before. You're in the middle of a conversation and you're carrying on about your day, only to find out that no one is on the other end, listening. You start repeating the question, "Can you hear me now?" trying to get the conversation back.

Thankfully, God never drops your prayers. God cares about you deeply. He will always have the time to listen to what you have to say - even if it's something silly or small. If you're in Christ, then God hears you. Always.

This explains why the Bible tells us to pray "without ceasing". That is, to pray anytime, about anything, anywhere. In Christ, God is your Father, and you should talk to Him regularly, not because you have to, but because you get to.

Read 1 Thessalonians 5:17

How are we to pray?

What does it mean to pray without ceasing? What does it not mean?

Prayer

Thank God that you are able to pray anytime, anywhere, and about anything.

This devotion is excerpted from the Who Do You Think You Are? Study Guides with Daily Devotions resource by Pastor Mark Driscoll at Mars Hill Church. Get more devotionals and resources at www.marshill.com.

I Thessalonians 5:16-19 NKJV

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

19 Do not quench the Spirit.

1 comment:

  1. This was the end of the biblestudy, "Your Identity in Christ" I feel I learned quite a bit through it and hope that you did as well. I don't know if I am planning on doing another one through my blog or not but I have some thoughts that I may present through it. Thanks for reading..
    ~B~

    ReplyDelete