Thursday, October 31, 2013

YIC: D 25 of 30 You Are Not Of This World

Being a Christian isn't easy. If you are a Christian, there will be times in your life that are hard. People will make fun of you, think less of you, or even verbally and physically assault you, just because you're a Christian. As a Christian, you should expect to experience some level of suffering in your life.

We worship a God who came to earth and was afflicted. Jesus experienced a great deal of suffering. He was wrongfully arrested, beaten, verbally assaulted, tortured, and made to carry the very wooden cross to which He would be nailed, to die for you and me.

Not only has Jesus suffered - so, too, have those who have faithfully served him throughout history. Even today, thousands of people around the world will die martyrs' deaths for their faith in Jesus Christ.

In spite of the pain and suffering these martyrs endured, they lived for Jesus, because Jesus lives.

Read John 15:18-21

Did the world love or hate Jesus?

Should we expect the world to love our beliefs and us?

Have you ever experienced any negative reactions from others because you identified yourself as a Christian? How did you respond?

Prayer

Thank Jesus that He suffered and died for your sin. Ask for God's grace to help you face affliction in your life for your faith in Jesus.

John 15:18-21 NKJV

18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking on the last 3 1/2 years I look and see that I'm no where looking like a Christian as I wish I was. I am still a sinner, even though I am no where close to being like I was just 3 years ago. Its been a slow process for me, but now I have some mentors in my life, I thank God everyday that He loves me enough to send these people into my life and that I can be an inspiration to them as well. It was pointed out to me long ago that I am a person that is either loved or hated.. I used to think I didn't care about that.. aparently I really did care, it was just another thing that I hid from everyone as well.. Thank you Jesus for laying your life down for me and thank you God for sending your son to save me from the mess I was in..

    ReplyDelete