Friday, October 25, 2013

YIC: Day 19 of 30 Walk Toward God

We are to turn our backs to sin and our faces toward God.

Imagine walking for years in the same direction. How far do you think you would travel from home? Pretty far, right?

Spiritually, this is how life is for non-Christians. Every day they walk in the same direction, with their backs toward God and their faces toward sin and selfishness. This is what Paul called walking after "the course of this world." Their travels lead them farther and farther into darkness and death.

As Christians, we are to live lives of daily repentance. This means we are to turn our backs to sin and our faces toward God. We're to walk toward Jesus, day in and day out. In Christ we're saved from walking on this worldly road and turned to walk toward God.

Read Ephesians 2:2

What course do people walk apart from Christ? (They follow the course of this world.)

Whom do people follow apart from Christ? (The prince of the power of the air: this is another way of referring to Satan.)

Would you say that you're walking toward Jesus or toward the world?

Prayer

Thank God that by saving you and setting you on a path to follow Him, He has delivered you from the need to follow the world and Satan.

Ephesians 2:2 NKJV

2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,

20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone,

1 comment:

  1. I find myself often times having to step back and think on how I should act as a Christian. I often times still find myself wanting to act out as I would before becoming a Christian in anger. Just this past week I did that while at a Christian concert no less.. I know I should not have said a few certain things but in anger I spoke out, I am just glad I did not act out as well.
    I didn't walk the wrong direction for all those years, I ran.. matter factly I was proud back then to stay as far away from our Holy Father.. but now, I try daily to be as close as possible as I can to him..
    ~B~

    ReplyDelete