Monday, July 18, 2011

Brad's Awesome Hummus

Having been diagnosed with gout and researching it, i decided to go with a greek menu for a while to prevent the painful flare-ups it worked for a while and I really like it a lot, since coming up with this recipe I have had many requests for it from people who also suffer from gout...







Ingredients:

  • 1 can garbanzo beans/chickpeas
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 roasted red bell pepper
Preparation:

In a food processor, blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.

Serve immediately with pita bread, pita chips, or veggies. Store in a airtight container for up to three days.


this was my twist on a recipie that I had found... I aded a few things to taste, its rather awesome in my opinion and has a very good color to match the delicate flavors...


just made a second batch, chopped smoother, also added olives and an extra 1/2 tsp oregano and 2 squrts of frank's original to it... 2 words "tottally awesome"


No comments:

Post a Comment