Monday, July 18, 2011

Cheesecake by Brad*

I first made this cheesecake back in 1992, I took it from an old recipe from an obscure cookbook and added a little bit here and little there. Originally if I remember right, the recipe called for cottage cheese that was boiled down to make cream cheese or something similar there of. When I wrote this recipe down it was from memory and this is what I came up with... the last time I made this prior to writing this down was in 1994.


Ingredients:

  • 2 8 oz. packets Cream Cheese
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 4 oz packet lemon jello
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • (don’t use the fat free one, you need the fat to bond)
  • 3 TBSP Lemon Juice
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract

Preparation:

  1. Make jello mix with half of water called for. DO NOT LET THIS SET!! (I used Great Value brand and it called for 1 Cup boiling water and 1 cup cold. I only used the 1 Cup boiling water)

  2. In a large bowl add cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice beat with eggbeater or hand mixer until soft.

  3. Add milk to mixture and blend, it will be slightly frothy.

  4. Fold Jello into the cheese mixture until blended.

  5. Let this set for about 5 minutes.

  6. Pour into the crust and place into refrigerator to cool and set up, this will take up to 5 hours, or you can cut the time in half by placing into the freezer.

  7. The crust that I used is the larger gram cracker crust that says "2 more servings" so it is larger and will fill the crust to the top of the gram cracker




No comments:

Post a Comment