Wednesday, April 30, 2014

How to Pray : day 1

Every day we talk to people--our family, our friends, and students in class. Is God a part of the list of people you talk to every day?

Prayer is exactly that. It means talking and listening to God. People need to communicate in order to have a relationship with others. We talk to God in prayer every day so that we can have a relationship with Him. That’s why prayer is important.

Even when people do pray and talk to God, they don’t always realize that God actually speaks back. He desires to be in constant communication with us throughout our days, weeks, and entire lives.

Question: How often do you talk to God?

9 This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’” - Zechariah 13:9 (NIV)

17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, - Ephesians 6:17-19 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment