Saturday, May 03, 2014

How to Pray : day 4

Have you ever been bullied? No one enjoys that. When people are mean to us, it hurts us and can make us angry or sad. When things happen in life that we don’t like, we might pray to God for Him to stop the bad things from happening or to stop people from being mean to us.

But the truth is--praying to God is not just about having Him change situations or how other people treat us. There’s another very important reason we pray to God. When we pray to God, it doesn’t just have the power to change others; it has the power to change who we are.

When we pray and remain connected with God, He shapes us and changes our hearts to be more like His.

Question: Why do you think God wants us to keep praying for things even if it takes a while for Him to answer our prayers?

2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.  - Romans 12:2 (NIV)

1 Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer.  - Psalm 4:1 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment